Hostel Jobs in Sydney at Maze Backpackers – Receptionist – Front Of House Superstar
The hostel is one of the largest in Sydney and we have activities/events to make all our guests feel welcome and enjoy the city. Our great location is perfect for backpackers visiting Sydney.
Hostel Job Sydney – Receptionist – Front Of House Superstar
Main duties include, checking people in and out, up selling tours and attractions, ensuring our guests stay in a safe environment and informing them about the activities we have organised.
We need people to have the following attributes:
- Friendly personality that makes people feel welcome in a diverse environment.
- Previous experience handling cash, reservations, managing guests/customers and front office duties.
- Strive working under pressure, with strong character to handle any challenging guests/situations.
- A team player, with great problem solving skills to ensure issues are minimised, handled professionally and immediately.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and public holidays, be punctual and reliable.
- A genuine interest in helping guests enjoy their time in Sydney.
- Guest Centrix PMS knowledge would be an advantage. (plus patience to use the system)
We are looking for previous experience in a hostel. Especially if you have supervisor or team leader experience it would be an advantage.
The job is full-time over 5 shifts
Student visa holders need not apply due to the 20 hour maximum restriction.
Working Holiday visa holders welcome.
If you are perfect for the job please send:
Languages other than English spoken (if any).
Cover letter with anything relevant to your application, including your favourite colour (just to show you have read this).
Any pre booked annual leave or planned future leave dates (mainly the next 6 months).