Working Holiday Canada

Visas, Accommodation, Jobs, Bank Account

Working Holiday Canada

All the vital info

This section is fairly long so below is a index as well as clickable links to the exact section.


Countries with Working Holiday Visa Agreements with Canada

Australia, Belgium, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Ukraine and the UK.


The Canadian Working Holiday Visa programme is overseen by the Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada (DFAIT) and known as the International Experience Canada (IEC).


International Experience Canada


Travel and work in Canada

It is the IEC that provides 18 – 35 year old the opportunity to work and travel in Canada

To participate:

Your country of citizenship must have an agreement with Canada that allows you to apply for an IEC work permit, or you may be able to use a Recognized Organization.

Depending on where you are from, you can choose from up to three travel and work experiences:

1. Working Holiday

  • Fund your vacation with temporary work in Canada.
  • The type of work permit you get for Working Holiday is an open work permit.

This category is for you if:

  • You don’t have a job offer yet
  • You want to work for more than one employer in Canada
  • You want to work in more than one location
  • You’d like to earn some money so that you can travel

2. Young Professionals
Gain Canadian professional work experience to better compete in a global economy.

The type of work permit you get in the Young Professionals category is an employer-specific work permit.

This category is for you if:

You have a job offer in Canada that contributes to your professional development
You’ll work for the same employer in the same location during your stay in Canada

3. International Co-op Internship
Get valuable overseas work experience related to your field of study.

The type of work permit you get in the International Co-op (Internship) category is an employer-specific work permit.

This category is for you if:

You’re a student registered at a post-secondary institution
You have a job offer for a work placement or internship in Canada
You need to do this work placement or internship to complete your studies
You’ll work for the same employer in the same location during your stay in Canada

You have two options to choose from when applying for your visa.

1. Apply directly with IEC

Go to the IEC website and Apply for a working holiday visa. Be sure to read through all the documentation carefully. You can find everything you need through this resource and google. Contact them directly if needed. Then follow there step by step application process.

Once you have a visa the hard part is done. Go ahead and book your flights and get travel insurance(this is required). Start having a look around for accommodation using the resources below and we are always here to help you with your job search if need be. Upon arriving setting up a bank account , getting a SIN number and getting your phone up and going is easy.

It is now time to hustle. We usually recommend staying in a hostel for the first couple nights as you meet many like minded people , many of whom will be doing a similar year experience to you – find your roomates here. Live Seasonal provides one month rentals to give you a month to really find something more permanent.

The second option is too

2. Apply with an agent

Agents will take care of all the details if you dont want to deal with them. They handle your visa, insurance, flights, bank account and usually have additonal services for visa assistance and job search and accommodation. There is of course a higher price involved but these are options if you would like.


Bonus: All the Vital info. Ask us Directly- we are pros!


Here are some companies that offer agent services.

Go International – Tamwood
Global Lifesyles Canada
The Global Work & Travel Co.
The Working Holiday Club

Our recommendation is to

1. Apply direct witht he IEC
2. Get your visa
3. Book flights using skyscanner or flightfox
4. Travel Insurance
5. Use live seasonal to find jobs and start communicating with potential employers
6. Use live Seasonal to find 1 month accommodation giving you piece of mind and breathing room when you arrive.
5. Get on plane
6. Stay at a hostel for 3 days.
7. Move into your 1 month Accommodation
8 Hustle!!!
9. Get job and House.
10. STart living your experience.


Month to month rentals with local month
Month To Month Rentals Made Easy. Book your monthly accommodation before you go and arrive hitting the ground running. Our rentals consist of one and two bedroom units with a monthly rental of market rate plus a small monthly rental premium.

Craigslist Vancouver
Craigslist provides local classifieds and forums for jobs, housing, for sale, personals, services, local community, and events.

Search apartments for rent in Vancouver, including cheap Vancouver apartments and pet friendly apartments. Select sublets, houses and apartments for rent,

Air BnB
Airbnb Book unique homes and experience a city like a local.

Job Useful tools

Jobs on Craigslist
Vancouver – learn about the city and who hires by Live Seasonal


Scotia Bank
TD Bank
RBC Bank
BMO Bank


Freedom Mobile