Info to get you started – Working Holiday Visa New Zealand
Country: New Zealand
Languages: English, Maori
Currency: New Zealand Dollar
New Zealand is a great choice for people wishing to work and travel, as it is a safe and friendly country with good wages and many places to discover. Over two islands, there are incredible landscapes from volcanoes to caves filled with neon glow worms. Plus, there are lively cities and great beaches, as well.
Working Holiday Visa New Zealand
New Zealand has a popular working holiday visa program which allows you to live and work in
the country for up to one year (or 23 months for residents of the UK and Canada). The
requirements for a working holiday visa to New Zealand are as follows:
Be a resident of one of the following countries: Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil,
Canada, Chile, China, Croatia, Czech, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany,
Hungary, Hong Kong, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Latvia, Lithuania,
Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Peru, Philippines, Poland,
Portugal, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey,
United Kingdom, USA, Uruguay and Vietnam.
Be aged between 18 – 30 years old (except in the case of Canada or the UK, where the
maximum age is 35).
Have a return airfare, or sufficient funds to purchase one.
Have at least $4,200 NZD to support yourself when you first arrive.
NOTE: Residents of Australia have the right to live and work in New Zealand automatically.
New Zealand Government website for working holiday visas:
Working Holiday Visa to New Zealand application service
How to Apply for a Working Holiday Visa
Get your documents (including your passport) ready and visit
https://www.immigration.govt.nz/secure/default.htm to sign up for an account.
From your account, fill out your visa application along with the relevant documents
Read and agree to the terms and conditions
Confirm and pay for your application using either a Mastercard or Visa
Wait to receive your acceptance!
Working Holiday Visa New Zealand Jobs
Many different industries employ people on working holiday visas, however you cannot work in
a permanent role on a working holiday visa. Some popular places to find work and travel jobs
– a popular New Zealand classifieds website that lists many different jobs across industries.
– a comprehensive website for finding work in New Zealand during your working holiday visa.
– a great resource for backpackers, listing many jobs including hostel jobs.
– a jobs website that specialises in finding jobs for backpackers in the dairy and construction industries. Many jobs also include free accommodation.
– another great jobs website for finding temporary work in industries including hospitality,
administration and agriculture.
– NZSki is one of the largest employers of people on working holiday visas, employing more than 1,200 people each ski season.
Department of Conservation (DOC)
– one unique option during your stay in New Zealand is to work on a DOC volunteer project. Some of
these projects offer accommodation in exchange for your help.
– work on a beautiful organic farm in New Zealand in exchange for accommodation, board and cultural exchange.
Working Holiday Visa New Zealand Accommodation
New Zealand Now
– a comprehensive website sponsored by the New Zealand Government, which includes
this helpful section on renting properties in New Zealand.
– one of New Zealand’s largest real estate websites has many listings for private and shared rentals.
– in large cities, rentals can be expensive, so living with a flatmate is a great website. This website will help you find a great flatmate!
– another website for helping to find a property that you can share with one or more others to help keep costs down
– find an apartment to either rent privately or with a flatmate.
Cost of Living